Reading: James 4:1-10
- What thoughts come to mind when you think about being submissive?
- What are the results of a lack of submission to God? Read through the first 4 verses and discuss the various points James raises.
- James looks back to the Old Testament in Verses 5 and 6. Discuss what it means for God to be a jealous God? And how does this link with His desire to give us overwhelming grace?
- Verse 7-10: what is the difference between submission and obedience?
- How can/should we apply this to our lives today?