If you missed it, here's a link to the Sermon: What do you mean born again?
1. Verse 1-2. What do we know about Nicodemus and why did he visit Jesus at night?
2. Verse 3-4. Nicodemus was talking about miraculous signs, but immediately Jesus changed the conversation and said “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God” Should Nicodemus have understood this?
3. Discus verses 5-6. cf. Ezekiel 36 & 37 (water and spirit).
4. Who causes new birth?
5. How many times is the word believe mentioned in these verses and how can we make ourselves believe?
6. Verses 12-14. Discuss these verses cf. Numbers 21: 4-9. What stands out most to you? (God’s wrath and our sin).
7. Read John 3:16, consider what it means to you, and use it as a start point for prayer.