Reading: Joel 2:28-32
- What has Joel been talking about up to this point (i.e. in chapters 1&2:1-27)? How does that relate to this passage?
- In the sermon there was some discussion about how we should read the bible in a ‘Jewish way’. How will that help us?
- When you hear the title, ‘Holy Spirit’ what thoughts and ideas come to mind? Spend some time discussing this as a group.
- What are verses 28 and 29 referring to?
- What are verses 30 and 31 referring to?
- Where does verse 32 fit in?
- What role would you say the Holy Spirit plays in the life of our church (consider points raised in the sermon), from day to day? Where do you see the evidence of His work? Can you think of any situations where we need to rely more on the leading of the Holy Spirit?
For personal study: