Reading: Joel 1
- Verse 1. What do we know about Joel? e.g. where did he live, who did he minister to, what did his and his father’s name mean? Does any of this matter?
- Verse 2, why do you think Joel started off addressing the elders?
- What do you make of a God who would deliberately bring such unpleasantness and damage to people?
- Discuss how Deuteronomy 28 fits in with this?
- How had these people messed up? What was their sin? (verse 12 gives a clue)
- What is an idol?
- How does all of this apply to us today?