If you missed it, here's a link to the Sermon: Are you missing the point?
- Think about and discuss why Jesus' brothers suggested all the things they suggest (verses 3-4).
- Verse 5 says Jesus' brothers didn't believe– discuss the difference between true faith and a misplaced or false faith.
- Look at verses 10-13
- why did Jesus go secretly?
- what did Jesus mean by "my time"?
- consider how you measure up to verse 13 - are you afraid to speak the whole gospel in public (not just the politically acceptable parts)?
Verse 17 - how is it that we can know the truth of Jesus's teaching? we looked at this for some time in the sermon. Why is it crucial to a Christian?
What was the thing that had really upset the religious leaders? Talk through how Jesus answers that.
Read verse 24 in different translation, then discuss it.