If you missed it, here's a link to the Sermon A good beginning and a gruesome end
Read John 6: 47-70
- What do we know about Judas' background, who was his dad (John 6:71; 13:2,26), where did he come from (Iscariot means son of Kerioth (Joshua 15:20 & 25)
- Did God, programme Judas to fail and make him do what he did? Discuss (Psalm 41:9,109:5-8, Zechariah 11:12-13)
- Judas started off well, he was called to be an apostle, what went wrong?
- In the light of Judas' life we can see that sin is progressive. Discuss what Christians can and should learn from this today. (here's an illustration used in the sermon - Sin is progressive)
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:11-13 and discuss.