If you missed it, here's a link to the Sermon: Aspects of Love
Reading: John 13: 31-38
- Take a re-cap of the happenings over this meal. Consider the thoughts and feelings of the disciples at the beginning and how they might have changed as the meal goes on to the point in verse 33 when Jesus says He is going and they can't follow.
- Discus all the aspects of Jesus love (verse 34) that you can come up with as a group, to consider how exactly we're supposed to be loving each other within our fellowship.
- What stops us from loving one another? Try and look at this from various angles (spiritual, emotional etc. etc.)
- Consider, as a group, whether there is anything you could commit to do, to more actively make that Christian love plain to others. This is a big question, so why not cheat a bit, ask the one who can give you the answer...
- Why does the church, and specifically individual fellowships, fail to help people come to Christ? cf: verse 35.
- As you close, use 1 John 1:7-17 to lead you into a time of prayer focussing on our response to Jesus command to love one another as He has loved us.