Reading: John 14: 7-14
- Verse (5 &) 8. What have Thomas and Philip failed to understand about Jesus? Then verses 7, 9 & 10: Do people still struggle with this truth?How important is this truth to us as Christians? To the church?
- Discuss verse 12, What do you understand from Jesus statement here? Greater in what way? What condition(s) does this verse contain?
- Why do you think the church isn't seeing more of these "greater" works? Discuss what we as individuals and a church an do about it.
- Verses 13 & 14 contain a stunning promise. Discuss the word anything (in the context of what Jesus has said from verses 1 to 12). Does this mean we will get whatever we ask for? Explain.
- Prayer should always be within the will of God. What does this mean and how do we do that?
- There is a lot in this passage for us to apply to our lives. What is that and how do we do it?