Reading: John 6:1-15
If you missed it, here's a link to the Sermon: Would you give away your lunch?
- Why were the people following after Jesus; what was it they wanted? Talk this through.
- Read verses 4-7 and discuss the things that stand out to you. For instance, what would you have thought if you were Philip?
- Discuss verse 5. In particular consider a) how the women might have responded to this and b) how we might, "seek the living from among the dead" in our lives?
- Verse 4 mentions the Passover, verse 9 tells us the bread was made of barley and later on in the chapter Jesus will speak of being the bread of life. How does this all add up?
- Verse 12 tells us Jesus wasted nothing. What can we learn from this as a church and how should that fact affect the way we Christians live our lives?
- Jesus slipped away - why?
- The boy was willing to give the little he had to Jesus.
- what might stop us from doing that?
- what will we miss out on?
- would you give your lunch?